- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar (turbinado, coconut sugar, or maple syrup)
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- Preheat waffle iron to your desired setting.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, flaxseed, baking powder, sugar, salt).
- In a small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (oil, almond milk).
- Pour the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients and stir until they are well mixed. Make sure to not over stir!
- Pour the batter onto the waffle iron (approx. 1/4 – 1/3 cup) and cook until golden brown.
- Add any fruits or toppings you wish!
Thanks to Lauren Blake, RD, LDN for this amazing receipe [http://www.wholelivinglauren.com]
Enjoy and Happy Easter!